Friday, April 23, 2010

Nothing is more valuable

Ask anyone, and they would talk about the time their best friends had betrayed them, failed to understand them or had stopped talking to them for some reason. Very often we place the blame on the other person, without thinking if, we, ourselves are also to be blamed?
We always expect others to understand us, but do we first try to understand them? We want our friends to be with us when we need them, but are we with them when they need us? We cry when we feel that our friends are avoiding us, but do we try to find the reason behind it?
When a close friend stops visiting, calling or even taking our calls, it could very well mean that they are avoiding us - BUT- it could also mean that they are facing some big problem & need our support. Normally when such situations occur, we would simply cut off from our friends thinking that they no longer want to talk to us, while the truth would be something entirely opposite.

Friendship is the most beautiful relationship that could exist between two people. You are very lucky even if you have just one or two close friends who love & accept you for what you are. Just make sure that you understand them they way you expect them to, keep your communication clear & sort out any misunderstandings before they erode your friendship. Never let your ego come between your friends and you- friendships are too valuable to be lost over something as trivial as Ego.

Cherish your friends, while you have their company. Its no use crying over a friendship once it is over.
I still remember the pain I felt when my childhood best friend dumped me when I was around nine. She was someone I trusted more than I did myself, and I know that she too trusted me a lot. I loved her very deeply- she was my sister, my sweetheart, my guide- all rolled into one. We had first met when I was hardly four, and she, an year older. We promised each other that we would be best friends forever. But things changed when her father got a job in another city and she moved away from me. At that time telephones were not yet much in use, but I wrote to her regularly. She never replied. Yet I kept on writing, maybe in the hope that she would respond one day. I had complete faith in our friendship. But she never did, she did not write back to me even a single time. After some years, I did get to meet her in person, but by that time, the "connection" was just gone. Yet I am glad that I had tried my best to save that friendship, even if unsuccessfully.

3 comments:

  1. Poor lil kapitan.

    Mere naseeb me E dost,
    tera pyaaaaaaaaaarrrr nahiiii

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgg ..
    this is soooo frigging true ..

    but tell me something .. not once, while writing again and again did it occur to you that you mite be trying only to bug her more.. ?

    I mean, that's something I feel. Trying to keep up the communication, I do buzz my friends every once in a while. but there comes a time when I am forced to think that is it only my duty to try so hard ..? and even if it's not like that, how busy can a friend get not to get any time to even reply back with a simple "I am busy". Atleast that way, I would know they still care.

    P.S. I do wanna quote. It's not that a person blames only others all the time. Sometimes, a person can't get over blaming himself and lands up giving up .. on everything.

    ReplyDelete