Saturday, October 9, 2010

26 !!


My 26th birthday is nearing, and I am just so excited !! I have always loved my birthdays, and this year is no different, am happy that even today I anticipate my birthday as eagerly as I used to years ago. Not that I celebrate it in a grand manner, but I simply love the concept of growing older.
Twenty six. I can not believe I have actually spent 26 years on this Earth, it seems just like yesterday when I celebrated my 7th birthday! In fact my 7th birthday was the first one that I consciously remember and have loved birthdays ever since. I love the way numbers get added to your age as years pass by, its such a beautiful feeling. And as always, I had been introspecting a lot over the past few weeks, reviewing my life over these 26 years. It has been beautiful so far, and I guess I would have no qualms even if I were to die now. The only regret I have today is that even at this age I am living off my parents' income. Am still just a student & it would probably be years before I manage to establish myself in a career. I am just one of those "late bloomers", I tell myself when overcome by guilt. Things happen only when the time is right, never before that, however hard you try. One has to wait for that.

Anyway, I don't want to feel all guilty & messed up, now that my birthday is just a few hours away. I feel so mature & wise!! And I have facts to prove that:
I no longer have crushes on every third guy I see- Am over with such things
I no longer wear blue nail paint, dangling earrings or bangles that clink- now they seem so cheap & gaudy
I no longer wish I had not been straight- Am fine being straight
I don't feel like killing those whom I don't like- have learned to control my anger
Stupid human beings don't irk me so much now- If thats the way their low level brains function, I can not do anything about it

Still 3 more days left for me to officially complete 26, waiting eagerly for my birthday :-) !! Am happy, grateful, and hopeful for the coming year...

No comments:

Post a Comment